1. A foolish or stupid person.
2. Fool, Simpleton
Examples: Quit acting like a nincompoop!
First Known Use: 1676
1. A pampered o effeminate man or boy.
2. To treat (someone) with more kindness an attention than is appropriate.
3. To treat someone too nicely or too gently.
Origin: Molly, nickname for Mary
Examples: The coach has been mollycoddling the team's star players.
First Known Use: 1833
1. Ineffective, indecisive person.
2. A man lacking in courage and other qualities deemed manly.
3. A dish of bread soaked in warm milk, generally given to infants and invalids.Origin:Middle English, literally, bread soaked in milkExamples: He's a Milksop
First Known Use: 1350 -1400
1. Senseless talk or writing.
3. Stupid or illogical talk.
Examples: Balderdash!! (sorry, couldn't find worthy examples without curse words ;))
First Known Use: 1674
Post a Comment
Comments produce endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. *giggle*
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.