May 8, 2009
Book Meme #1
Got it from my friend here
1. Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack? Hell yeah! you can tell when I love a book because I won't put it down to eat. Usually I eat pop corn or chips though I've been known to spill apple soda on Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (book was perfect afterward!) and getting mustard on a couple of books.
02. Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? I mark! definitely, mostly I dog ear the parts I like the best! Though I do highlight at times, especially if I'm reading something for, like school or to write about something specific. I think that if you love a book it should show.
03. How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open? Guilty of all three, I dog-ear a lot and when I seriously love a book I get it it's own special bookmark.
04. Fiction, Non-fiction, or both? Fiction mostly. I'm not against reading non-fiction but I've read many technical texts in my life due to school and research so I tend to avoid them.
05. Hardcopy or audiobooks? Both. I think nothing beats an actual book in your hand, where you can cuddle with it and read and re-read and just make a friend of it. But I do like Auido books, but I found out I tend to get distracted with Audio books, like I focus on them so much I don't pay much attention to other stuff so I mosly listen to them at home or at drives where I'm not the one driving.
06. Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point? Can as in being phisically and mentaly capable of stopping anywhere, yes, tend to finish chapters though. If I find a book I can't put down mid-chapter that's awesome.
07. If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? If I can work out what it means by the context then nope, though doubt will probably consume me later and I'll go look for the word at some point.
08. What are you currently reading? Just finished To Beguile a Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt, reading Death by Latte by Linda Gerber and then I'll tackle Match me If You can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
09. What is the last book you bought? In my last shopping spree, the last book I ordered was The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
10. Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can read more than one at a time? No, usually I got a book I read in the bus and a book I read before bed.
11. Do you like re-reading books? YEEEEEEEEEEEES